Categories: Parents and Athletes, Your scholarship

A small number of our student-athletes seek part time work on a non-immigrant student visa. This form of visa (recommended) permits student-athletes to work strictly on campus. Student-athletes can also access off campus work through paid internships by applying through the University. With an internship visa student-athletes can work as an intern anywhere in the USA over the summer break, which runs from May through to August every year. One important stipulation is that the internship visa requires that the paid work must be directly related to the student-athlete’s areas of study. How much employment each student athlete undertakes on or off campus is a decision based on balance between sport and study commitments. For some families, this extra income can help offset costs not covered by scholarship.